Merchandise

Greg Dekoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Thu Jan 29 01:43:39 EST 2009

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009, Mel Chua wrote:

> SLOBs is at 3am NZ time, so the chances of me attending are slim, but I
> would like to make a motion that SL *not* allocate central budget for
> marketing materials.
>
> Instead, I'd like to suggest that SL provide a set of designs and easy
> manufacture/print options (as we're already doing for business cards and
> such) for things like lollipops, shirts, flyers, etc. - and encourage
> local groups to find the funds to get their own swag (and locally
> design/print/make their own as well).
>
> Local resourcefulness is a wonderful thing to cultivate. ;)
>
> --Mel

A big +1 to this.

The downside: expect it to take some time.  We may consider jumpstarting
some schwag, but we must be *extremely* selective.  I favor stickers,
because they are cheap, and they get noticed.  That's why everyone does
them.

--g

--
Got an XO that you're not using?  Loan it to a needy developer!
   [[ http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XO_Exchange_Registry ]]