Fosdem

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sun Jan 18 11:04:54 EST 2009

Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> please update http://sugarlabs.org/go/MarketingTeam/Events/FOSDEM_2009
> if you are going to attend FOSDEM.

Done.

>> Who is hosting us?
>
> About sleeping, I think we haven't started worrying about that. Though
> may be about time.

I know a few people in Brussels, but none who could provide free beds.
If we must, let's at least book in the same hotel.  I'll come from
Florence by car with a few friends: Torello "mk8" Querci, Massimo
"mostro" Santoro, Stefano "aleph" Fedrigo and Tommaso "nonickname"
Massimi.

> About holding the community meeting on the 6th, we have been offered
> room in OLPC-EU HQs, though that's a bit inconvenient because is not
> in Brussels itself.
>
> Guillaume is trying to get us a room in the ULB (same place where
> FOSDEM will be), though that's not confirmed yet.

I'm on the FOSDEM mailing list, would you like me to ask the organizers?

I think me and my friends were planning to arrive just in time for the
beer party, but we might decide to anticipate for the Sugar meeting.
I'll talk to them in person once I arrive in Italy.

>> Who is speaking?
>
> Greg in the Fedora dev room and me in the GNOME. Would be awesome if
> someone would like to talk in other distros dev rooms about why Sugar
> might interest them.

I might volunteer to do that IFF one of you real developers agrees to
support me :-)

--
   // Bernie Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/
 \X/  Sugar Labs       - http://www.sugarlabs.org/