RE: Getting the message out‏

John Tierney jtis4stx at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 17 17:20:37 EST 2009

> Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 16:42:40 -0500
> From: bernie at codewiz.org
> To: jtis4stx at hotmail.com
> CC: bryan at olenepal.org; marketing at lists.sugarlabs.org
> Subject: Re: Getting the message out‏
>
> John Tierney wrote:
>
> > “Sugar: A Gift to Your Nation: Global learning that works for every child.”

Taking your suggestions into account-The Rewrite:

Sugar: A Gift to Your Community: Connected learning that works for every Child.

> [...]
> >
> > Global learning? Allows children to be an individual learner in a Global setting!
>
> "Global" has negative connotations in some circles.
> NN prefers to say "connected" instead.
>

> > Nation? Should be usable wherever you live.
>
> I wouldn't appeal to Nations either: learning shouldn't be affected by
> barriers of nationalism.
>

> > SEE Attached "Remove Constraints by Leveraging University Model.pdf" for ideas
>
> Cool! How did you do it?

I use a program called Smartdraw, unfortunately proprietary!
Here is a link to the Mind Map page:
http://www.smartdraw.com/specials/mindmapping.asp

I wish I could find this capability elsewhere it would be useful in a planning
sense for us.  Try the free download. If we could create this same ability in Sugar
that would be fantastic.

The two from Sugar Camp I created on the Fly while the talks were going on.
Just set up a bunch of rectangles and typed in content. Later reorganized ideas(rectangles)
into groups of like minded topics. Added colors to separate ideas. Save- then turn into them into pdf and your
done. You can always go back and make changes and create new pdf.