Stratagy and Taglines

DOXSOUP at aol.com DOXSOUP at aol.com
Sun Jan 11 15:20:36 EST 2009

Strategy and taglines

This is to provide my thoughts on strategy and suggestion on taglines for the
purpose of discussion, direction and decision, so we can all be on the same
page and singing the same song in moving forward

My thinking are based on my understanding of a few relevant comments from
conversations with Walter Bender, as follows:

1.   Sugar is multipurpose.   It is a culture as well as a technology.   With
Sugar one can learn with and from others.

2.   Sugar puts an emphasis on learning through doing and puts no upper bound
to the learning.   (Note: This is the part where free and open-source
software comes in.)

3.   Traditional approaches can be subsumed by Sugar.   Additionally on top
of traditional approaches, Sugar offers both enhancements and altogether new
features to get the most from available content regardless of the sources.

Some new value add-ons are:
a) The built-in Journal as a place where learner and reflect, and a place
where teachers/parents/mentors can assess progress; and
b) The collaboration model for useful sharing (for example, teacher assigning
a book to read for homework), as well as new forms of collaboration such as
peer editing.

Suggested Strategy Concept
What Home Depot and Lowe’s are to homeowners and contractors we will be to
learners, parents, teachers and community leaders.

We will be a place for easy access to affordable, useful and usable
educational resources so that users can improve and expand on the levels of knowledge
that will help them achieve their lifelong wants and needs.

Just as both homeowners and professionals use Home Deport and Lowe’s services
to build, improve and maintain their dream homes, both students and teachers
will use and benefit from our services for lifelong learning.

Suggested Taglines
New! User controlled educational architecture and resources
New! User controlled engine for learning and literacy

Look forward to comments and other suggestions especially in regard to
strategy.

Dennis Wong
<doxsoup at aol.com>

steps!