Thoughts on what we'd like the story to be

Caroline Meeks caroline at solutiongrove.com
Sat Jan 10 08:39:13 EST 2009

This is a continuation of in person conversations so sorry if its a bit
disjointed.

White Knight: Slight variation - If *you* support Sugar Labs you are the
White Knight that is helping 500,000 kids who already have Sugar and many
more in the future.

500,000 kids is a lot.  Does anyone know of a bigger educational technology
project?  Everything I read at Harvard about going to scale is much smaller
numbers.

Of course 500,000 is still only a few of the starfish on the beach. Its too
bad that story isn't part of US culture because really where we want the
story is focusing on the educational results from the kids who have XOs.
Now would be a great time to get everyone looking at the results from Puru.
It might also be a time we could get OLPC to share whatever data they have
with us.

Educators are used to instructional technology failing finacially.  As we
get stories that XOs have positively impacted standardized test scores we
need to tell them.  In my opinion, that is what the decision makers who have
first world money to spend on technology are looking for.

--
Caroline Meeks
Solution Grove

617-500-3488 - Office