[Marketing] Sugar Labs logo for first 100 SoaS USB sticks

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 07:16:59 EST 2009

Thanks for that Christian

Promotional USB suppliers tend to offer a small color selection of
each stick model... with precise color matching possible only in a
custom run (costs more). I'm not lower yet than $8 per 1 Gb stick with
logo & setup / 100-stick order so I'm likely just going to find a
color that fits. I'm leaning towards a darkish purple, similar to web
RGB #6E008C http://sugarlabs.org/wiki/images/2/27/Color_palette.png in
your palette, although the stick may be translucent.

On its own I like the "sugar" but I am concerned the outline and
especially the "labs" will be difficult to differentiate if black on
purple. Do you think you could try the "sugar" outline in an
intermediate pink such as web RGB #FF64D2 from the palette? And "labs"
in the existing grey web RGB #999999? If you could possibly mock that
up with the purple background I'd have a better idea of what it might
look like

(I have converted [1] the eps to JPG using imagemagick for the benefit
of list participants who could encounter difficulty with eps)

many thanks
Sean

[1]
$ convert -density 300x300 -colorspace CMYK   logo_bw.eps logo_bw.tiff
$ convert -colorspace RGB  logo_bw.tiff logo_bw.jpg