[IAEP] join.sugarlabs.org

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Tue Feb 3 07:12:08 EST 2009

On 3 Feb 2009, at 07:09, Bernie Innocenti wrote:

> Ciao,
>
> The domain in the subject is now a shortcut for the very nice Getting
> Started page designed by Gary Martin.
>
> We're planning to publicize it at FOSDEM in a few days.
> Team leaders please review your team's GettingInvolved pages to make
> us look as good as possible.

Oh my, I didn't realise...

I better try and quickly kick out at least a new educator role and
icon today then, Caroline's suggestion was the most actionable
feedback (basically, merge developer and web developer, add educator
to keep us at 6 clear roles):

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Description of this role: Focus on Sugar's educational needs.

Skills you possess or want to learn: Explaining complex ideas well,
people skills, teaching through digital media, understanding of
educational theories and obstacles, paedagogy, ability to communicate
with and influence developers.

Teams associated with this role: EducationTeam, ActivityTeam,
DeploymentTeam

Tasks typical in this role: Lesson plans, teacher guides, text book
templates/samples, articles, leverage Sugar as an ideal platform for
learning, provide guidance and feedback to those working on technical
aspects of Sugar, setting educational goals, educational activities.

For the record, there were several others that folks (& I) felt were
missed out on, perhaps the most distinct mentioned was a deployment
role - not sure what we do about that. Others like QA/Testing/
BugSquad, and Activity developer can be sanely covered as aspects of
the Developer role.

--Gary