Sugar Labs logo for first 100 SoaS USB sticks

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 08:28:53 EST 2009

Christian - my point is white or black USB sticks will not stand out,
but colored ones will. USB sticks are... small... and the logo will be
...smaller... so I'm counting on a colorful stick to make an impact.

All I'm looking for is inverting the background/foreground colors, the
user's perception will not be affected - if anything, they will
remember a purple logo, not a white one on a purple stick.

Purple stick + rose outline + white sugar + grey labs are all in the
palette (cf. black square 08), merely inverted.

if the stick was blue, green outline + white sugar + grey labs would
work (cf. black square 03)

A uniform black outline will perceptibly change based on the USB stick
(background) color... while a transitional color will better respect
the "glow" of sugar before "labs". It's possible the grey "labs" would
need tweaking based on the background, but in black, it will disappear
if the stick is a deep color :-(

Do you see what I mean?

thanks
Sean