OLPC News: Conclusions of OLPC Pilot in New York City

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 19:55:04 EST 2009

http://www.olpcnews.com/countries/usa/conclusions_of_olpc_pilot_in_n.html

I have read this report in full and although the user group was small,
I find the study rigorous and chock full of insights. For example,
curiosity in the Terminal is much higher than I would have guessed.
Although the families are a priori not well-off, there is already a
family computer in almost all students' homes, and after the study
period responding parents were not dead-set against the suggestion of
partially paying for the machine. Interesting comparisons with tablets
and laptop carts/computer labs are made. The study's caveats are
clearly stated.