FW: MIT Sloan Marketlab

John Tierney jtis4stx at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 24 09:32:12 EST 2009

Hello Everyone,

No Luck for the Spring. We can try again for the Fall semester.

From: tthapa at MIT.EDU
To: jtis4stx at hotmail.com
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 08:19:38 -0500
Subject: MIT Sloan Marketlab

Hi John

Jennifer and I put in an
enormous amount of time and effort soliciting projects for MarketLab and
promoting it to students. We received a surprisingly low number of applications
and six different projects are left without a team.  It appears that
students are extremely worried about  internships/jobs given the state of
the economy and they are putting extra time and effort into job search which
they would have happily spent on MarketLab during normal periods.  For
that reason, we were not able to assemble a team for the Sugar Labs project this
semester.

Thank you for your interest in
working with MarketLab and thank you for your time.  We will soon be
looking for projects for the fall and if you are still interested, I am happy
to reconnect then.  I am hopeful that we will have a much better experience
in the fall.  Please feel free to email me or call me at 508-878-0112 if
you have questions/concerns.

Thank you

Tripti