[Marketing] Our message

Marten Vijn info at martenvijn.nl
Wed Apr 29 04:34:55 EDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-29 at 09:38 +0200, Sean DALY wrote:
> I've seen others:
>
> * OLPC is a failure & doomed and by extension, so is SL
>
> * OLPC is distributing Windows machines so SL has been "forced" to go
> multi-platform
>
> * While SL is developing new versions of Sugar, none of them can be
> deployed to the huge installed base and these efforts are therefore
> useless
>
> * The interface is godawful and unusable (usually accompanied with,
> "that chiclet keyboard is too tiny for my fat grownup fingers")
>
> * SL doesn't work on my machine/OS/distro X
>
> * Kids could learn math quicker if they had a decent spreadsheet

We should have data instead of assumtions,
There we should work together with parties (schools/universities in
education) that do edutation and reducation research projects.

Kid I worked with test:
- hyves.nl
- youtube
If this does not work they claim de device "useless".

IHMO we should have a checklist of confirm (or not) if a device works
for them.

2ct Marten