[Marketing] Our message

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 03:38:21 EDT 2009

I've seen others:

* OLPC is a failure & doomed and by extension, so is SL

* OLPC is distributing Windows machines so SL has been "forced" to go
multi-platform

* While SL is developing new versions of Sugar, none of them can be
deployed to the huge installed base and these efforts are therefore
useless

* The interface is godawful and unusable (usually accompanied with,
"that chiclet keyboard is too tiny for my fat grownup fingers")

* SL doesn't work on my machine/OS/distro X

* Kids could learn math quicker if they had a decent spreadsheet

Perhaps we can try to enumerate misconceptions at today's Marketing
meeting? (I will send reminder shortly)

A related subject: generally speaking, there are good reasons why SL
community members should not "set the record straight" in comments...
or at least, not without some coordination if possible.

No we haven't hit Slashdot, but I consider that a good thing since /.
thrives on controversy and perceived failures.

Sean