[Marketing] Ars Technica article on 250, 000 XO-1s for India: old Sugar home view in photo :-(

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 08:45:55 EDT 2009

I think studio shots and 'in situ' shots can coexist and that we
shouldn't pass up the opportunity of benefiting from my photographer
friend's generosity.

I remember many years ago seeing a software box with an office shot
which showed two dynamic executives effortlessly using the software,
but the screen was tiny in the shot, so the graphic designer cunningly
placed the same screenshot in the photo's PC as a 2D overlay above and
to the right, straddling the photo and whitespace of the software box.
As I remember it was a big box full of floppies (I'm dating myself...)
but maybe a similar treatment could be used to show Sugar's
collaboration?

USB sticks are of course vital (even when the day comes we have an OEM
partner who will preinstall Sugar ;-)

Sean