[Marketing] April 22 SoaS Beta-1 press release submitted - translators needed!

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 05:10:18 EDT 2009

I submitted the press release yesterday before the deadline!

I selected the following target categories:

* Education
* Children & Youth
* High Tech - Software
* High Tech - Public Sector/Government

Concerning the category Nonprofit Industry, I agreed with Caroline's
argument that journalists covering child-oriented nonprofits will also
be opted-in to Children & Youth, while the latter category will have
greater reach.

I added one phrase in the beginning: "for loading on any 1 Gb or
greater USB stick"
the idea being to make it even clearer that we do not sell or
distribute sticks, but the software images

on-disk.com looks interesting as a no-hassle solution (particularly
for a known platform such as the XO-1) but I think we would need to
pay close attention to how each new SoaS image is identifiable - would
be a pity if people pay money for an out-of-date version, etc. Another
concern is that since we obviously cannot guarantee boot success on
hardware config X, to avoid disappointment I consider it likely that
we would end up recommending an on-disk order only for those who have
already booted a downloaded+loaded SoaS image.

We will want translations, as before I can do French but help with
Spanish, German, Portugese, Dutch, Italian, other languages? will be
greatly appreciated. I still haven't managed to get the pt & nl
translations of the previous release up yet, will do that asap

I will be on vacation this Wednesday but I will somehow manage to get
connected & send the press release to our targeted mailing list

thanks