[Marketing] Publicity and Healthy Kids Day at the YMCA on April 18th

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 00:56:43 EDT 2009

It's great so many computers got to Sugar!

My dream marketing photo looks like the inside of the jawa's transport
in the first Star Wars movie... bunch of old busted-up 'puters
managing to run Sugar and show the homeview ring :-)

Here's my take on how to PR SoaS beta-1.

(I want to call it "beta-1", implying there will be another... and
which reinforces our call for testers... is this shocking?)

I think we should announce it just before or -- probably better --
just after.... when we will have some photos (I hope). I don't think
the Y should be the actual "event", but more like a "symbol" of the
readiness of SoaS beta-1. It's late for us to get into joint marketing
with the Y... I'm also not sure they would even wish to. I think the
best way to do it would be to announce beta-1, then mention that "with
the friendly participation of a local YMCA on Family Health Day, we
submitted the beta to the acid test: an assortment of old PCs and a
bunch of curious kids"

We should indeed obtain image releases from anyone filmed or
photographed, I'm sorry I haven't updated the image release text
commented by the SFC I will get on that right away

Video would be great because: YouTube-> viral effect, some blurbs by
you & Walter...

The Y has to be aware too of course

more later thanks

Sean