[Marketing] [IAEP] ASLO vs. Activities Portal

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Sat Apr 4 14:47:54 EDT 2009

On 4 Apr 2009, at 19:18, Caroline Meeks wrote:

> Will books be in the same Sugar Activities Library?  If not, where
> do kids go to get books to use in Read?

Well I'm hoping that many books become 1st class Activity citizens
(i.e. regular Activities based on a html/pdf/gnash et al Activity
wrapper). This gives us the opportunity to make them more interactive/
collaborative than a simple static document, and simplify Sugar and
the Sugar UI; so I hope to be downloading books with perhaps shared
annotations, animated pictures, some interactive puzzle/game elements,
and some non-linear story telling from the Library soon :-)

[FWIW: I have a pdf based non-linear maths game/quiz/story on the go,
plays a little like a point and click graphic adventure].

Of course we'll have static documents as well, I think most of which
will be found outside of the Sugar Labs project, on random web sites,
moodle servers, etc, and get down loaded to the Journal for off-line
reading, or just read directly in Browse while surfing.

Regards,
--Gary