[Marketing] ASLO vs. Activities Portal

Frederick Grose fgrose at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 22:22:11 EDT 2009

To me, Portal is the weak word in Sugar Activities Portal.  Portal
doesn't give the warm, learning, discovery place like the word
Library.

So I would propose Sugar Activities Library.  A place to check out
activities and discovery what is free to learn.

   --Fred

*>Sean and Marketing people,*>* *>* Could you please share your
thought on naming*>* activities.sugarlabs.org.  I wonder if it is
better to use a common*>* term such as 'Sugar Activities Portal' or
create a new term such as*>* ALSO.*>* *>* david*+1
Sugar Activities Portal

Hits on three important messages we are trying to get out

Sugar-The underlying system-Sugar is the core building
blocks(Foundation) which activities can be built upon
-Much like Sugars are core building blocks of the Human Body(Sugar at
its most basic levels are essential and good)
-Sugar is a set of building blocks for Education and your Mind.(Sugar
as an Educational Platform is essential and good)

Activities-Are the next set of building blocks that allow Teachers and
Students to
Learn How To Learn through active engagement.
-Great activities that allow Teachers to enhance their lessons and
allow for a creative hands on learning experiences
for their students.

Portal-Indicates a communal place to visit to access these Building Blocks.
It will be important to have links that lead to information on how Teachers and
Students can find and work with Developers.

John Tierney