[Marketing] Do not open a new window for menu link on sugarlabs.org

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 12:33:33 EDT 2009

With two tiers, we could have just four links if we so desire (like
the homepage), although I think these seven would be the most
important:

Home / Download / Activities / Resources / Search / Donate / Contact

Why don't we link to the sitemap from Resources to cover these sections:
Wiki / Documentation / FAQ / Schools / Planet (blog) / Mailing Lists /
Community News / Bugs / Git / API / Buildbot / Translate / People /

Search second tier: Wiki search / Bugs search / Schools search
(which communicates that we *don't* have sitewide search, which is
*not* what people expect)

Contact second tier: Press / Forums / IRC / Support / Feedback

People expect menus and resort to sitemaps when menu nav is too
confusing... a sitemap is experienced as a new page, leaving where
they thought they were.

We could also go the route of sitemap-in-huge-footer (cf.
http://gizmo5.com/pc), which at least doesn't lose the current context
while proposing the sitemap. A horror to print, but that is secondary
to having usable navigation. I wouldn't want that in the static intro
though...

Sean