[Marketing] ASLO vs. Activities Portal

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 11:35:58 EDT 2009

For my part, I have a healthy dislike for acronyms (although I geekily
like saving keystrokes myself).

I am convinced star marketing of Sugar Activities is the way forward.
There will be more and more as time passes, there will be star
Activities no Sugar install can do without. The advantages of the
platform will be resumed concisely as e.g. "and remember, as a Sugar
Activity, collaboration is built-in and older students can View Source
to learn how it works!"

OTOH ("on the other hand"), from an SEO ("search engine optimization")
POV ("point of view"), if I google "Sugar Activity" or "Sugar
Activities", I want to find that page... whereas if I google ASLO ("or
was it ALSO?"), I will find... the American Society of Limnology and
Oceanography.

So, I vote for "Sugar Activities Portal".

I am aware there are add-ons which will not be Activities, but
classing them and presenting them once visitors arrive on the page is
a separate problem I think.

thanks

Sean