Square logos

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Tue Dec 16 07:49:45 EST 2008

Christian Schmidt wrote:
> Note also that this evening I updated all the stacked logo files on the
> wiki. I made a small adjustment to help the type look more balanced.
> Please replace all stacked logos with the new artwork, and sorry for the
> inconvenience.

Done.

BTW, I'm not an expert at image manipulation and I had a hard time
replacing the black background with alpha transparency without ruining
the fading pixels on the border.  The thing became even trickier when
I tried to convert the truecolor image to an 8bit indexed PNG, which
apparently only supports a crude 1bit transparency mask.

I miss a smart "webconvert foo.png" command line tool.  How do people
generally do these things for a large number of images?

> I actually prefer the smaller size on the wiki (not to mention that the
> larger size is cut off). I've attached the Photoshop source file, in
> case you'd like to work from this.

Done.

>     > http://planet.sugarlabs.org/
>
> This looks good, but could you please replace the logo with the more
> recent version from the wiki?

Done.

>     > http://dev.sugarlabs.org/ (same as planet, should change)
>
> Looks good.

Changed with the red one, goes with the colors in the bug lists :)

>     > http://git.sugarlabs.org/ (logo too small, should change)
>
> I agree, the logo needs to be larger.

I have trouble with formatting if I make the logo bigger than the
original one.

I will try harder tomorrow...

--
   // Bernie Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/