Summer of Code

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Sat Dec 6 01:11:05 EST 2008

Greg and I had a good talk today, and wound up with
http://sugarlabs.org/go/Summer_of_Code - please check 'er out.

The nutshell plan is that we're in "generate ideas and wait" mode until
January, where we'll try to get consensus on project priorities during
the SL portion of FUDCon; since applications to be a mentor org for SoC
usually don't open until late Feb/early March, we mostly have to wait.
I've put a reminder on my calendar for Jan. 9 to take a look at this again.

We also agreed this project was something that should be the domain of
the Development team - Marco, would this be ok? We'd come back and ask
the Marketing team for help promoting stuff when the time comes, of
course. :)

-Mel