[IAEP] Two Project Gutenberg books that mat be of interest

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 12:48:30 EDT 2020

James,

I had to use GIMP to clean up over 300 images to make this e-book. The page
images were old and dingy and I used White Balance and Threshold to fix
that. I wouldn't normally include the image of the title page in an e-book
but this one was so fancy I put it in. It was a little crooked. Some of the
illustrations I had to fix were much worse in the tilt department, so I
guess I didn't notice this one. I've submitted a corrected image to my PG
whitewasher.

Your other comment is in line with other people's reactions to Morgan's
books. He recommends that boys do things that might be a bit dangerous at
times. The chapter on building a Medical or Shocking Coil would alarm most
parents today. Having said that, he did encourage boys to take an active
role in their own education (as he apparently had done himself) and
inspired many of them to do it. If you do a YouTube search on "Alfred
Morgan Radio" you'll see videos by people that grew up reading his books
and built some of his projects.

James Simmons