[IAEP] [Marketing] Sugar Labs at SCaLE 17x post-conference summary

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Tue Mar 12 14:20:15 EDT 2019

Alex, Caryl & All did an amazing job pulling this together.

It really is a new era when many people came by who were born after OLPC's
mass production era, had never heard of OLPC at all (or perhaps completely
forgot about it a dozen years later...)

While we could not be there the entire 4 days, Fri-Sat-Sun each generated a
ton of very thoughtful interest in Sugar, Internet-in-a-Box and many
difficult democratized/global learning questions in general — more so than
in prior years interestingly!

Perhaps the world is a "smaller place" than when OLPC/Sugar began in the
2000s, now approaching its 3rd decade (2020-2030) with a more grounded
sense of impactful idealism than when it all began.....