[IAEP] SCaLE 17X March7 -10, 2019

Samson Goddy samsongoddy at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 11:26:02 EST 2018

On Sun, Dec 23, 2018, 5:17 PM Caryl Bigenho <caryl at laptop.org wrote:

> Hi Kenneth and all... my reference to Windows is only to say we should try
> to show that Sugar can run on whatever hardware they happen to have. We
> won’t be running Windows but it would be nice to have SOAS running on a
> machine that is a Windows machine.

If I can come in.

I totally agree. We know, most classrooms uses either windows or Mac OSX.
So I think showing that Sugarizer have potential in running sugar desktop
directly on those machines would be great.

Today I saw on Twitter that Sugarizer will be coming as a native app for
MacOSX.

I think we need to follow up with Lionel on that. Sugar can also run
Windows by Virtual Box(Soas)

Hrishi came up with a brilliant plan for Sugar taking leverage of windows
10 OS too.

So at the moment Sugar as a Desktop can literally run anywhere including
Raspberry Pi.

Sugar by itself (Soas)

Sugar with Linux

Sugarizer (chrome app, native app)

Sugar on Raspberry Pi

Sugar with Virtual Box

Sugar with Windows (Hrishi can you throw some light)

Regards