[IAEP] Marketing Opportunity @ SCALE 17x (DotOrg Booth)

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Dec 17 00:24:26 EST 2018

G'day Caryl,

Answering your specific questions;

> What do we have to "market" and who is our target audience?

Sugar, Sugarizer, and Music Blocks.

Teachers of elementary school age students.

> Do we have any compelling stories to tell... Mexico? Haiti?
> Pakistan? Or???

I don't, personally.  I'm never amazed at what children can do, given
half a chance.  More amazing for me is what children can't do because
they've been told they can't.

> Will anyone else besides the folks in SoCal be here to help "man"
> the booth for 3-Days(3/8-3/10)?

Not I, too far.

> Do we have anything special to offer as "swag"?

No.  You might make some business cards with the Sugar Labs logo, your
name as a member, and a QR code for the web site.  One is attached, or
use a QR code generator online and add the Sugar Labs logo to the
centre.

> What new software can we show?

Music Blocks and Sugarizer are newer than before.

> Running on what new hardware?

Any hardware with a modern web browser.

An OLPC NL3 is suitable.

Don't use an OLPC XO to show Music Blocks or Sugarizer; isn't the
target and doesn't work.

> Can we offer some hands-on experiences for people there?

You may.  Especially also provide a return path for feedback.

None of the above needs the board or marketing team to assent or
remove any blockages; use your initiative.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/