[IAEP] Marketing Opportunity @ SCALE 17x (DotOrg Booth)

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sat Dec 15 04:09:56 EST 2018

G'day Caryl,

Thanks.  Looks like a good opportunity.

Apart from answers to your questions, which are more to do with
software and hardware than the project, is there anything you think
the board should be asked to decide?  At the moment I don't think the
board is needing to decide anything, as our members can direct
themselves, but welcome your thoughts.

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 06:12:11PM +0000, Caryl Bigenho wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> Once again we have been offered a FREE booth at one of the country's top open
> source conferences. I have to let Bala know by the 19th if we would like to
> take advantage of this opportunity. So here are the questions we must consider
> before committing ourselves to this ...
>
> What do we have to "market" and who is our target audience?
> Do we have any compelling stories to tell... Mexico? Haiti? Pakistan? Or???
> Will anyone else besides the folks in SoCal be here to help "man" the booth for
> 3-Days(3/8-3/10)?
> Do we have anything special to offer as "swag"?
> What new software can we show? Running on what new hardware?
> Can we offer some hands-on experiences for people there?
>
> Please discuss! We did not participate in SCaLE in 2018 but did every year from
> 2008-2017.
>
> My email service is acting up and I have to send this out in "batches" as
> entering some of your names erases everything!!! Put your replies on the IAEP
> list so everyone can see them.
>
> Thanks,
> Caryl Bigenho

James Cameron