[IAEP] [SLOBS] Technical Service Request - Project: Sugar Network

Laura Vargas laura at somosazucar.org
Tue Sep 26 23:35:42 EDT 2017

> top-posting because of thread length.
>
> 1) The original request was posted 2017-04-02, how urgent can it really be
> if it has been impossible to find someone to step up and volunteer 20
> minutes to do this in the past six months?

Unfortunately in Perú we had a +2 months Teacher's Strike
<https://www.reuters.com/article/us-peru-strike-teachers/teachers-in-peru-return-to-class-as-strike-winds-down-idUSKCN1BF23P>
after mid-term vacations. Current political climate at Min-Edu is very
unstable and slowly classes are going back to normal. Now that learners are
back to schools, they are back working within Sugar Network.

> 2) Has any other maintenance been performed on this server in the last six
> months?  If yes, why has CAPTCHA not been added already?  If no, is this
> truly a viable service if no one will maintain it?

Samuel and Sebastian have help with the main maintenance of the server
where it is hosted. Still, the maintenance we need now is on the code and
the data base.

> 3)  What is the justification for $500 in costs when it takes 7 steps and
> 20 minutes to implement reCAPTCHA according the developer's own estimate.
>
> https://codelabs.developers.google.com/codelabs/reCAPTCHA/index.html#0

I guess we can do with less if necessary but it requires hours described in
the proposal. The request I made will cover re-creating a development
environment, integration of the captcha forms, documentation and of course
cleaning the Spam.

> 4) Is there any expiration time limit on motions to the SLOBs?   Maybe
> after 6 months it should go to a fresh vote as circumstances can obviously
> change?

Yes usually the window for voting is seven days. I am requesting SLOBs to
consider Sameer's vote if possible because l have failed to find other ways
to sponsor this maintenance.

Thanks for your interest

Laura V