[IAEP] A pending donation to Sugar Labs

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 20:51:02 EDT 2017

Dear Friends,

I am a Sugar Labs volunteer and an employee of a company called CSRA Inc.,
my employer has a program rewarding the non-profits for which employees
volunteer with cash rewards based on hours of volunteer service.  The
program is called "Dollars for Doers", and employees may earn up to $500
per organization per fiscal year on behalf of their chosen 501(c)3.

I have applied through this program for a donation to be made to Sugar
Labs (as a member project of the Software Freedom Conservancy) supported by
my volunteer time, to which the company has replied:

"Thank you for your support of the local community and your submission for
Dollars for Doers funding. We are pleased to inform you that your
submission has been approved, and we will be sending a donation of $500 to
Sugar Labs, Software Freedom Conservancy. In order to process your request,
we will need a signed and dated W9 form from the organization (Dec 2014
version). "

The SF Conservancy has provided the requested W9 form to my employer and I
anticipate that the donation process will be completed shortly as a
directed donation to Sugar Labs via the SFC.

While all too few employers offer this sort of volunteer-time matching
donation, a few more have dollar-for-dollar matching donation programs, if
you are fortunate to have such a community-minded employer, please consider
taking advantage of their charitable giving  programs to support Sugar Labs
financially as well as with your precious volunteer time.

Warmest Regards,

cjl