[IAEP] [SLOBS] [SLOB] yet another motion regarding Samson's travel

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Sun Sep 24 16:55:25 EDT 2017

On Sun, Sep 24, 2017 at 4:38 PM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com>
wrote:

> From what I understand, from the flights that Samson identified, which are
> the ones with reasonable layovers -- a consideration that the new SFC
> travel guidelines allow him to take into account -- the difference is a
> wash.

In this case both above statements are untrue (the difference is not a
wash, nor is this covered by SFC's travel guidelines).

Flights like KLM's https://goo.gl/flights/XwKR have very efficient layovers
(4h15m, 1h46m and 2h10m) and would save Sugar Labs $487.36 or $676.76
according to Samson's own arithmetic.

Samson has chosen to purchase https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open-jaw_ticket
flights (returning to Nigeria from Boston instead of from San Francisco)
which have a dramatically higher cost to Sugar Labs.

Everybody should take seriously whether paying $487.36 or $676.76 extra for
Samson's side trips to LA and Boston is or is not worth it.  But certainly
not pretend that there's no additional cost.  Which is simply false in this
case, no matter how much we might all wish it were true!