[IAEP] Sugarizer1° Revisited

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 24 14:52:18 EDT 2017

Hi Walter,

Thanks for replying! Yes, we find things a bit hectic here too... we just made our semi-annual move from Montana and are in the midst of unpacking our stuff.

I look forward to seeing what results Lionel gets from his pilot test of Sugarizer in a school. Do you know what grade (age) levels he is testing?

We can ask Rosamel for some input. As you probably know she is not only working in a school but also is teaching prospective teachers in a local university! She really knows her stuff!

I was hoping she could do a survey for us from some of the most successful users of Sugar in the schools she worked with.  Her school, which we visited at the EduJam, was very impressive. Some of the others ... not so much. Teacher/parent "buy in" is very important! If we want to do that, it would be good to do it before they go into their summer vacation.

Lionel mentioned someone liking Abecederium. It is a good one for primary school, but there may be problems when we try to translate it into other languages.

I was thinking that, after releasing a Sugarizer1° there could be other specialized versions of Sugerizer... eg Sugarizer+-x/ (specially for math) SugarizerCompute (with Pippy and other programming Activities), Sugarizer🎵 (Music) and so forth! There are so many possibilities.

I see Sugarizer1° as a "trial balloon" where we could get all the kinks out... testing, documentation, translations, marketing, distribution and the like. I also have a granddaughter in the first grade and her Daddy has his PhD in Cognitive Science and Educational Technology. He is a "hard sell" on things like this so, if he likes it, you know it is good!

Caryl