[IAEP] Education science resources

Ron Feigenblatt docdtv at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 21:05:36 EDT 2017

Hello,

I'd like to bring your attention to a high-brow, edited,
monthly-updated, online resource published by Oxford University Press,
the "Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Education."

The description at
https://global.oup.com/academic/product/oxford-research-encyclopedias-education-9780190264093
notes that, for the present, its content (now 91 articles) can be read
without payment.

Find the actual encyclopedia content at: http://education.oxfordre.com/

Among the article(-stub)s which might interest readers of this mailing list are:
 School Culture
 Self-Directed Education—Unschooling and Democratic Schooling
 Alternative Education
 International Cooperation for Education in Developing Countries

(BTW, I alerted the author of the last article to a typo I found in
scanning it.)

As I write, the only article in the "Technology and Education" category is
 Assistive Technology to Enhance Inclusive Education

Allow me to change the subject by also bringing your attention to an
online resource which first alerted me to the existence of the Oxford
encyclopedia above, namely a web site dedicated to the life's work of
the late "unschooling" pioneer John Holt. Find it at
https://johnholtgws.squarespace.com/  and learn more about this
influential person at
https://johnholtgws.squarespace.com/who-was-john-holt/

Ron Feigenblatt