[IAEP] [SLOBS] ACTION Required: Approval Internal Procedure definition: "Request for Travel Policy exemptions"

Laura Vargas laura at somosazucar.org
Thu Sep 7 19:42:49 EDT 2017

> On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 3:37 PM, Laura Vargas <laura at somosazucar.org>
> wrote:

>>> Laura,
>>>
>>> Thanks for getting the ball rolling on this.
>>>

>> Your welcome!
>>
>> I undid your changes since *a procedure needs to have Action items
>> clearly identified to be able to track any upgrade required to the proposed
>> procedure*.
>>

> IMHO, my wording was much easier to follow than yours and had a number of
> tweaks, such as removing the requirement that the request be made by a
> "member".

I have no idea or reference of any case. Please explain why a requirement
would be acceptable of it is made to Sugar Labs by a non-member/contributor?

> Perhaps for a non-native speaker of English, adding the word 'Action:" at
> the start of a sentence is helpful? To a native speaker, it is redundant.
> But beyond that detail. you also undid the detailed content of my changes
> as well. Can you explain your reasons? Did you disagree with my edits?

Yes, functionality shall not be sacrificed in the name of Cosmetology :D

Remember our goal is to *make the procedure friendly, easy to understand,
translate and follow.*

A well tough procedure has few words and it is defined by it's Action
points. There are 3 clear actions being proposed for the Cash advance -
Travel Policy exemption procedure:

Action 1: member/contributor requests a Cash advance - Travel Policy
exemption

Action 2: Sugar Labs Oversight Board members take an approve/disapprove
decision

Action 3: In case of an approved decision, Sugar Labs representative or
his/her delegate (e.g. Sugar Labs Financial Manager) will communicate to
SFC the decision and make in Sugar Labs behalf the correspondent Cash
Advance - Travel Policy exemption request

Please add to the discussion (here and/or the wiki) specific requirements
for words adding, removal, etc in each specific Action