[IAEP] Urgent Motion: To add three contributors into the membership/election committee

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 21:04:43 EDT 2017

As I said earlier, I don't think SLOB should be involved in the details of
who is a member of this committee or that committee. We should be trusting
the community. That said, I agree with James -- we need more transparency
from the committee. For example, when the "Sugar Labs Membership and
Elections Committee strongly suggests" something in the wiki, it would be
nice to have a public link to the meeting notes available so that it is
clear that it really is the committee that is strongly suggesting and not
just an individual's opinion.

regards.

-walter

On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 8:36 PM, Laura Vargas <laura at somosazucar.org> wrote:

>> On Wed, Sep 06, 2017 at 07:00:24PM -0500, Laura Vargas wrote:
>> > In my opinion the motion haven't pass yet as have only 3 valid votes
>> > in favor: Walter as 1 of the 4 candidates for the 2017-2019
>> > elections should abstain to avoid any direct interference with the
>> > current election process he is participating in.
>>
>> I disagree.  As the motion is only adding members to a committee,
>> there's no interference in process of the committee.
>>
>> By your logic above, the only people who could vote for the motion are
>> those whose slot is not expiring; Samson, Ignacio, and Laura.  And
>> these three are the committee.  ;-)
>>

> Not even I should vote on any motion related to the current electoral
> process until current election calendar terminates on October 15, 2017 as
> it could be defined as a "Conflict of Interest".
>
> At this point, this a polemical motion.
>
> I think we need to make allow enough time to set as deadline for the OPEN
> CALL for volunteers for the Membership and Elections Committee so that ALL
> members of SUGAR LABS (r) are invited to join the Committee in equal
> conditions.
>

> I want to underline is super important anyone who wants to join the
> Committee should state it on his/her own during an OPEN CALL.
>
> Regards
> Laura V
>

>> --
>> James Cameron
>> http://quozl.netrek.org/
>>

> --
> Laura V.
> * I&D SomosAZUCAR.Org*
>
> “Solo la tecnología libre nos hará libres.”
> ~ L. Victoria
>
> Happy Learning!
> #LearningByDoing
> #Projects4good