[IAEP] Urgent Motion: To add three contributors into the membership/election committee

Laura Vargas laura at somosazucar.org
Wed Sep 6 20:36:03 EDT 2017

> On Wed, Sep 06, 2017 at 07:00:24PM -0500, Laura Vargas wrote:
> > In my opinion the motion haven't pass yet as have only 3 valid votes
> > in favor: Walter as 1 of the 4 candidates for the 2017-2019
> > elections should abstain to avoid any direct interference with the
> > current election process he is participating in.
>
> I disagree.  As the motion is only adding members to a committee,
> there's no interference in process of the committee.
>
> By your logic above, the only people who could vote for the motion are
> those whose slot is not expiring; Samson, Ignacio, and Laura.  And
> these three are the committee.  ;-)

Not even I should vote on any motion related to the current electoral
process until current election calendar terminates on October 15, 2017 as
it could be defined as a "Conflict of Interest".

At this point, this a polemical motion.

I think we need to make allow enough time to set as deadline for the OPEN
CALL for volunteers for the Membership and Elections Committee so that ALL
members of SUGAR LABS (r) are invited to join the Committee in equal
conditions.

I want to underline is super important anyone who wants to join the
Committee should state it on his/her own during an OPEN CALL.

Regards
Laura V

--
Laura V.
* I&D SomosAZUCAR.Org*

“Solo la tecnología libre nos hará libres.”
~ L. Victoria

Happy Learning!
#LearningByDoing
#Projects4good