[IAEP] Urgent Motion: To add three contributors into the membership/election committee

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Sep 6 20:18:36 EDT 2017

Thanks.

I don't think adding more Sugar Labs members to the membership and
elections committee will increase transparency.

Practices that will increase transparency are;

- make open the discussions, meetings, minutes, and decisions of the
  committee,

- make open the collective actions of the committee; Laura is doing
  that job very well,

- make open the individual actions of the committee,

- declaring any conflicts of interest, or confirming there are no
  conflicts of interest, as a consequence of being on committee,

- deciding the types of information that will not be made open; such
  as votes, and Sugar Labs member e-mail addresses.

There's a risk adding more Sugar Labs members to the membership and
elections committee might decrease transparency; by reducing time
spent on transparency practices.

Don't forget, the membership and elections committee also has two
independent third parties they can turn to; Dave Crossland (impartial
election oversight party), and Bert Freudenberg as Ombudsman.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/