[IAEP] Urgent Motion: To add three contributors into the membership/election committee

Laura Vargas laura at somosazucar.org
Wed Sep 6 20:00:24 EDT 2017

> Thank you James,
>
> The reason we want more members is due to the current members are all
> SLOBS and since we will be having elections it is wise to have some
> non-SLOBS member in, for sake of transparency.

Samson

I agree.

Therefore we will complete an *open call for volunteers* and will translate
and communicate giving enough time to all our members on our supported
lists.

In my opinion *the motion haven't pass yet *as have only 3 valid votes in
favor: Walter as 1 of the 4 candidates
<https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board/2017-2019-candidates>for the
2017-2019 elections should abstain to avoid any direct interference with
the current election process he is participating in.

Again, *I would support a motion for new members as long as they are Sugar
Labs members in "good standing" and have made a volunteer request to be
part of the Committee on a OPEN, inclusive and transparent way. *.

Regards and blessings in your way,

Laura V
--SL MEC Liaison