[IAEP] SCaLE 16X CFP Ends Monday 10/30/2017!

Caryl Bigenho caryl at laptop.org
Sat Oct 28 00:59:52 EDT 2017

Hi All you SoCal OSSIE and SCaLE Fans!

It’s almost Halloween and that means SCaLE 16X is just around the corner…. Well, maybe way around the corner… It will be March 8-11, 2018 at the Pasadena Convention Center. But things happen quickly in the world of open source and the CFP (call for proposals) ends this coming Monday, October 13, 2017!

https://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale/16x/cfp

CFP | SCALE 16x<https://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale/16x/cfp>
www.socallinuxexpo.org
Southern California Linux Expo 2018 (SCALE 16x) The Linux Exposition of Southern California is proud to announce the 16th Annual Southern California Linux Expo ...

That means you have just this weekend left to put an idea for a talk together and get your proposal in. If your topic is chosen you will be notified by November 30, 2017. Then you will have lots of time between then and March to get your idea polished up and ready to go.

You will notice that there is not a special OSSIE track this year. They have decided to put the talks related to Open Source Software in Education in the General Track this year. That will give a lot more flexibility in terms of scheduling and should work out very nicely.

I want to encourage all of you, especially those of you who did all those terrific presentations in our OSSIE track last March, to think of possible talks you might want to present. Your CFP doesn’t have to include your whole talk by Monday. If you are chosen to present, you will have plenty of time to flesh out what you want to appear in the program.

If you have any questions about the CFP procedure or need help with your idea… send me a quick note. I can’t promise to have the answer, but I can promise to try to get it for you!

Hope to see you at SCaLE16X in March!

Caryl Bigenho