[IAEP] [SLOBS] Fwd: wire will go out tomorrow, approval received after wire deadline in USA (was Re: [Urgent, Adam] clarifying amount to wire to Samson (Re: Fwd: Urgent Motion for Modifying GSOc mentor summit travel.))

Samson Goddy samsongoddy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 05:22:26 EDT 2017

On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 7:11 AM, Lionel Laské <lionel.laske at gmail.com> wrote:

> There is no issue here but it's interesting to see that you've decided to
> publicly mailing this without giving the complete Adam explanation.
>
> Here's the missing part:
>

> *Sugar Labs has approved "$550 towards local transport" from GSoC funds:*
> *http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/iaep/2017-September/020184.html
> <http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/iaep/2017-September/020184.html>*
>

> *Walter Bender has asked that his own portion GSoC's (9 non-admins x $500)
> / 11 mentors[*] - 10% SFC - 5% SL = $347.73 be sent to Samson immediately
> as well, based on 2016-34 here:*
> *https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board/Decisions#2016-06-10
> <https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board/Decisions#2016-06-10>*
>
> *[*] 11 mentors listed at https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Summer_of_Coded
> <https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Summer_of_Coded> clarified by Walter: "we
> had 13 signed up (including the 2 admins who also mentored), and 2 were
> inactive/not associated with any projects: José Argüello and Matias Baez".*
>

> *Samson's $347.73 (also based on 2016-34, separately from Walter's) are
> already contained in the $550 GSoC funds above.*
>
> *Please wire this $550 + $347.73 = $897.73 cash advance to Samson Goddy
> immediately if possible.*
>
> If you read carefully the sentence "*Samson's ... are ALREADY contained
> in the $550 GSoC funds above*", you will find the explanation.
> I'm completely approve this calculation that seems fair enough considering
> the previous motion voted and considering the money and the time that your
> trip already cost to all of us.

Lionel, Adam, I see both of you are not understanding this motion.

"AGREED MOTION 2017-17 Proposed by Walter Bender, seconded by Sameer Verma

Motion: Approve a travel advance for US $2550 (US $2000 SFC prepurchase of
an airline ticket and $550 towards local transport) for Samson Goddy's
travel to the Google Summer of Code mentor's summit.
5 in favor, 1 recuse, 1 vote yet to be counted [1]
<http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/iaep/2017-September/020184.html> "

I understand English enough to know that, $550 was approved by SLOBS, i am
entitled to $347.73, so does Walter.

Now if you break this english down into math,

it will be $550 + 347.73 + 347.73 = $1245.46

So how did my $347.73 accidentally added in the $550?

According to the motion for stipend, i don't need SLOBS approve to take
this stipend.. So Adam do the right thing and forward SFC to send the right
money please.. Every fees transfer cost about $30.

Adam again, send SFC the right information and don't make up yours.

> BTW, feel free to propose a new motion to SLOB if you want more money.

I am not interesting to propose motion to current board, because i don't
see why i want more money when the approved one is not purely given to me.
FYI, i can only bring up a new motion for SL to balance me $416 to the new
board. There is an election going on.