[IAEP] [SLOBS] Fwd: wire will go out tomorrow, approval received after wire deadline in USA (was Re: [Urgent, Adam] clarifying amount to wire to Samson (Re: Fwd: Urgent Motion for Modifying GSOc mentor summit travel.))
lionel.laske at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 02:11:28 EDT 2017
There is no issue here but it's interesting to see that you've decided to
publicly mailing this without giving the complete Adam explanation.
Here's the missing part:
*Sugar Labs has approved "$550 towards local transport" from GSoC funds:*
*Walter Bender has asked that his own portion GSoC's (9 non-admins x $500)
/ 11 mentors[*] - 10% SFC - 5% SL = $347.73 be sent to Samson immediately
as well, based on 2016-34 here:*
*[*] 11 mentors listed at https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Summer_of_Coded
<https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Summer_of_Coded> clarified by Walter: "we
had 13 signed up (including the 2 admins who also mentored), and 2 were
inactive/not associated with any projects: José Argüello and Matias Baez".*
*Samson's $347.73 (also based on 2016-34, separately from Walter's) are
already contained in the $550 GSoC funds above.*
*Please wire this $550 + $347.73 = $897.73 cash advance to Samson Goddy
immediately if possible.*
If you read carefully the sentence "*Samson's ... are ALREADY contained in
the $550 GSoC funds above*", you will find the explanation.
I'm completely approve this calculation that seems fair enough considering
the previous motion voted and considering the money and the time that your
trip already cost to all of us.
BTW, feel free to propose a new motion to SLOB if you want more money.
2017-10-04 1:39 GMT+02:00 Samson Goddy <samsongoddy at gmail.com>:
> I am publicly mailing this, because at this point, i will say Adam is
> ruining my trip with suggestions and it is greatly affecting me.
> Adam can you *please undo * this before SFC makes payment twice or thrice
> that will attracts a lot of bank fees(sending to Nigeria).
> I am making this public, because after waiting for days, your personal
> changes is affecting me.
> First SLOBS approved $2000 for my ticketing and $550 travel advance. You
> made suggestions to SFC book Emirate with attracts a lot of layovers in
> Lagos(over 24hrs) and Dubai(15hr). Instead of the British airways i
> suggested. Now, i booked the emirate flights with local flights included.
> Remaining $419 from the $2000.
> I ask SFC to send me $416(balance from $2,000) + $550(travel advance) =
> $966.66(to cover the rejected budget)
> 1. Emirates - $1,279.14
> 2. JetBlue - 161.20
> 3. Arik Air (local flight) - around $143
> Since Adam is the liaison person to SFC, he gave SFC order not to send me
> the $416 balance. I am asking SLOBS and Adam why? because i cannot give SFC
> order only adam can. Am i not eligible to receive the $416?
> walter donated his share of the stiped from Gsoc $347.73 + my own share
> $347.73 = $695.46..
> But Adam instructed SFC to do this instead, why?
> "Walter Bender has asked that his own portion GSoC's (9 non-admins x $500)
> / 11 mentors[*] - 10% SFC - 5% SL = $347.73 be sent to Samson immediately
> as well, based on 2016-34 here:
> Please wire this $550 + $347.73 = $897.73 cash advance to Samson Goddy
> immediately if possible" - Adam
> Each transfer from the US cost more than $30 bank charges..
> Meaning i will be be losing $30 twice or thrice, and also time wasting.
> I am letting this community and member of SLOBS to see what is going on,
> and i will like this to be fix asap.
> FYI, SFC is sending my just $897.73 tomorrow, thanks to Adam.
> I need explanation, because at this point.. I am Tired!
> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: Accounting at Software Freedom Conservancy <
> accounting at sfconservancy.org>
> Date: Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 11:23 PM
> Subject: Re: wire will go out tomorrow, approval received after wire
> deadline in USA (was Re: [Urgent, Adam] clarifying amount to wire to Samson
> (Re: Fwd: [SLOBS] Urgent Motion for Modifying GSOc mentor summit travel.))
> To: Samson Goddy <samsongoddy at gmail.com>
> Cc: sugar at sfconservancy.org
> Samson Goddy wrote:
> > Thank you but you ignored my last email showing Adam made wrong
> > calculation
> I did not ignore it; it just isn't relevant to accounting@ yet.
> As previously explained, we can only send the funds
> that have been approved by the PLC as communicated to Conservancy by the
> Representative under the Fiscal Sponsorship Agreement (FSA) between
> Conservancy and Sugar Labs. Given the situation, we really do need to just
> follow what the FSA says, and that's what it indicates should happen.
> Also, I reiterate again our request that <accounting at sfconservancy.org>
> be cc'ed except on finally approved matters relating to payment and
> documenting approved payments.
> Your request for additional funds is not yet an accounting matter; it
> to approvals not yet given. I suggest that discussion about approval, if
> needed, continue on <sugar at sfconservancy.org>; It only slows down
> Conservancy's work for Sugar Labs if <accounting at sfconservancy.org> is
> on that discussion. Please ask the Representative to send any concluded
> approvals to <accounting at sfconservancy.org> at the end of that discussion.
> We do plan to wire $897.73 to Samson tomorrow. If the Representative
> communicates to us additional amounts approved for payment -- be they for a
> stipend or travel advance -- we will make reasonable efforts to expedite
> because we're well aware of the funding difficulty of traveling from
> Bradley M. Kuhn
> Distinguished Technologist of Software Freedom Conservancy
> |------> & also, de-facto Bookkeeper for the moment
> Pls support Conservancy!: https://sfconservancy.org/supporter/
> SLOBs mailing list
> SLOBs at lists.sugarlabs.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the IAEP