[IAEP] [SLOBS] Fwd: wire will go out tomorrow, approval received after wire deadline in USA (was Re: [Urgent, Adam] clarifying amount to wire to Samson (Re: Fwd: Urgent Motion for Modifying GSOc mentor summit travel.))

Lionel Laské lionel.laske at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 02:11:28 EDT 2017

There is no issue here but it's interesting to see that you've decided to
publicly mailing this without giving the complete Adam explanation.

Here's the missing part:

*Sugar Labs has approved "$550 towards local transport" from GSoC funds:*
*http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/iaep/2017-September/020184.html
<http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/iaep/2017-September/020184.html>*

*Walter Bender has asked that his own portion GSoC's (9 non-admins x $500)
/ 11 mentors[*] - 10% SFC - 5% SL = $347.73 be sent to Samson immediately
as well, based on 2016-34 here:*
*https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board/Decisions#2016-06-10
<https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board/Decisions#2016-06-10>*

*[*] 11 mentors listed at https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Summer_of_Coded
<https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Summer_of_Coded> clarified by Walter: "we
had 13 signed up (including the 2 admins who also mentored), and 2 were
inactive/not associated with any projects: José Argüello and Matias Baez".*

*Samson's $347.73 (also based on 2016-34, separately from Walter's) are
already contained in the $550 GSoC funds above.*

*Please wire this $550 + $347.73 = $897.73 cash advance to Samson Goddy
immediately if possible.*

If you read carefully the sentence "*Samson's ... are ALREADY contained in
the $550 GSoC funds above*", you will find the explanation.
I'm completely approve this calculation that seems fair enough considering
the previous motion voted and considering the money and the time that your
trip already cost to all of us.

BTW, feel free to propose a new motion to SLOB if you want more money.

              Lionel.