[IAEP] Code of Conduct Motion to add Anti-harassment policy - Sugar Labs

Laura Vargas laura at somosazucar.org
Tue Oct 3 13:03:17 EDT 2017

> FWIW, the current Sugar Labs code of conduct is available in the wiki here:
>
> https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/Legal/Code_of_Conduct
>
> And translated into Spanish here:
>
> http://co.sugarlabs.org/go/C%C3%B3digo_de_Conducta

Spanish link is broke.

> @Laura, maybe you could explain why you think the current code of conduct
> is insufficient as regards harassment?
>
> regards.
>
> -walter

I think current Code of Conduct is insufficient because there is no
procedure to follow in case of Harassment.

Sugar Labs Code of Conduct currently states:

" The Oversight Board will arbitrate in any dispute over the conduct of a
member of the community."

So, what happens in case of Harassment?

Harassment is not a dispute.

The Anti-harassment Policy proposed clearly defines what Community shall
understand as Harassment and what Community member can do about it if
he/she finds in such situation.

Sugar Labs needs to be a place where anyone can speak freely, without fear.

To include a Diversity statement
<https://www.ubuntu.com/about/about-ubuntu/diversity> would also help
encourage participation by everyone.

Regards,