[IAEP] MOTION: Google Mentor Stipends Distribution To Re: Google Mentors Summit Complete Travel Budget Request

Samson Goddy samsongoddy at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 15:42:59 EDT 2017

On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 8:19 PM, Laura Vargas <laura at somosazucar.org> wrote:

> Samson
>
> Everyone's time is precious so please understand I am giving you solutions.
>
> The Mentor's summit is already US$ 210 over-budget and we haven't
> considered the the other travelers needs.
>
> Do second the motion am proposing so we can vote.
>
> If approved you will be entitled to direct Sugar Labs with your
> correspondent mentor Stipend and other mentors as well.
>
> *Motion: To enable each Google Mentor to decide how Sugar Labs should
> execute (spend/invest) their respective stipend. This will apply
> retroactively to all Sugar Labs - Google mentors stipends over the years we
> have participated.*

Well, i don't agree on this motion.. Maybe someone else can second it.

I believe we should be *deciding* if mentors can keep the stiped every
year. Not permanent!!  I don't see any reason to look back (past years). So
if you would modify the motion to fit in my suggestion, then i can second
it for voting.

FYI, i have $2550 approved by SLOBS for travel. All i want is the balance
from the $2550

So far, my flight costs are as follows..

1. Emirates - $1,279.14
2. JetBlue - 161.20
3. Arik Air (local flight) - $143

Totalled $1583.34 - $2550 = $966.66,

So can SFC give me $966.66 from the budget allocated for me?

Adam is not here yet to give SFC the approval.

I don't need any argument again.. Because up till now, i don't have my
travel advance with me and my flights has been booked.