[IAEP] Sugar Labs Community Response Team

Hilary Naylor hnaylor at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 11:28:42 EST 2017

Hi all,
  I was very surprised to learn that the Ombudsman's ruling is not binding.
That would certainly make it even harder to find people to serve in that
role.
  I have a suggestion for a modification to the proposal for a Response
Team. Rather that a permanent Team, make it a Team that is created as the
need arises, and that the 3 members are agreed to by the persons in
dispute, and that both (or all) those in dispute agree to abide by the
Team's decision. Where should these Team members come from? -- All Sugar
Labs community members are potential Team members by default except for the
current SLOBs (and SLOBs candidates if there are any). Team members would
be drawn by random selection, people may opt-out or be rejected by one or
more of the disputees, and selection continues until there are three.

Your thoughts?

cheers
Hilary