[IAEP] [SLOBS] [SLOB] email motion re Scratch Conference

Samson Goddy samsongoddy at gmail.com
Mon May 22 18:03:29 EDT 2017

Hi Adam,

As you requested, i already made it clear to the scratch community about
the funding and reimbursement. I also forwarded our last mail to them, so
that they can see the situation about what is going on in Sugar Labs about
the motion. They already approve to send 500 euros to me, to cover ibiam's
passport first and some local flight bookings. They know the risk, if they
didn't agree i won't mail the first place.

Frankly speaking $2,800 is the cheapest budget i and ibiam came up with
based on my own proposed funding from the scratch community.

Please note. 1 Euro = 353 Nigerian naira, this might sounds funny but this
means things are expensive in Nigeria locally. You could do some googling.
$2,800 might sounds as a big deal to people leaving in the US or use
Dollars as their main currency but it doesn't work here in Nigeria.

*Note:* Remember we are converting this money to naira in other to spend
them in Nigeria

Things are more expensive here than in the U.S, my internet plan is almost
$100/month. Also the Proposed TA day in Nigeria that was proposed last year
didn't really work at because of the exchange rate in the country. FYI
iphone 7 was once sold for $2,300 in Nigeria.  So this is why technically
speaking this is the cheapest budget that can funds us locally and also
internationally to france.

I also mail SFC this is from Karen

"Hi Samson,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop! If the motion is approved, we'll work to
find a solution, paying by card whatever we can and exploring other options
for the rest. I leave it up to Adam, as he's the authorized representative
for Sugar, but it could be helpful for SLOBs to also specifically agree to
the cash advance, as it puts Sugar's money more at risk than the usual
approval.
"
i think i already explained how and what the $2,800 stands for in our
proposal. The Scratch community