[IAEP] [SLOBS] [SLOB] email motion re Scratch Conference

Laura Vargas laura at somosazucar.org
Sat May 20 10:39:16 EDT 2017

Thank you Ibiam and Samson for clarifying.

I would like to elaborate for the reason why I abstained:

Just as happened with Ignacio's request, you guys are requesting cash in
advance for your travel.

Just as happened with Ignacio's request,  even after we all voted approving
the motion, the cash request is considered "out of policy" by the Software
Freedom Conservancy.

Walter,

As our representative with SFC, can you please confirm this?

The SFC travel policy considers that eventually the projects may require an
exception and also considers Project Leadership Committees (In our case
SLOBs) responsible for creating procedures or requesting exceptions.

If we want to support members that require cash for traveling, we should
focus on creating first the procedures to request the exceptions from the
SFC.

Blessings and regards