[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] New ASLO Project Definition

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Thu May 18 21:57:30 EDT 2017

On 05/19/2017 09:24 AM, Chris Leonard wrote:
> Welcome to the Sugar Labs community, When reworking ASLO (a very
> valuable project), please do keep internationalization (i18n) and
> localization (L10n) in mind.  You may or may not know that we do host
> PO files for L10n of NewASLO on our Pootle translation server:
>
> https://translate.sugarlabs.org/projects/NewAslo/
Hi, Chris

Thanks for this input. It is wonderful that the project is getting these
inputs when there is still time to incorporate them in the design. I
looked at the po - 81 works. The trick will be to adapt Django to pootle
since the html definition is separate from the python code; however, it
shouldn't be difficult. I envision a front page closer in design to
School Network which should actually minimize text on the main page.

The more difficult question is how to localize the summary and
description of the individual activities. At present, it appears we
don't attempt to localize this information.

Tony