[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] Sugarizer dev platform is now open

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 18:16:13 EDT 2017

I don't understand what is your model for maintaining activities. It seems
everything is on one big repo and that you have scattershot changes in
various activities, which are not sent to the upstream masters. How can
make a PR to give you the latest Turtle Blocks bits without having to sort
through your commit history to find all of your changes? Seems to put an
extra burden on activity authors. What am I not understanding? Is there any
documentation as to how you want activity authors to keep in sync with
Sugarizer changes?

-walter

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 5:48 PM, Lionel Laské <lionel.laske at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> Currently, Sugarizer is released about one time by year.
>
> I know that it's slow but it take us lot of time to test and package new
> features and activities on all supported platforms.
>

> To give you  a faster view of change in Sugarizer, I've decided to open a
> new server dedicated to the development branch.
>

> So, the branch "master" [1] is now the stable and ready-to-production
> version and could be tested on http://try.sugarizer.org
>
> And the branch "dev" [2] is now the development version (*) - and
> potentially unstable - and could be tested on the new
> http://dev.sugarizer.org
>

> If you're curious you could discover today on the dev branch: the great
> ColorMyWorld activity from Charles Cossé and the nice port of XOEditor,
> Reflection and Abacus activities by the GCI student Euan Ong.
>

> Sugarizer is growing every day: stay in touch !
>

> Best regards from France.
>

>           Lionel.
>

> [1] https://github.com/llaske/sugarizer/tree/master
>
> [2] https://github.com/llaske/sugarizer/tree/dev
>
> (*) So if you're a developer and want to contribute to Sugarizer, send
> your PR to the dev branch

Walter Bender
Sugar Labs
http://www.sugarlabs.org