[IAEP] Learner's request: "Release a Libre version of ScratchJr" WAS Re: [Sugar-devel] [SLOBS] MOTION: French visa for Samson Goddy to attend 10-year Anniversary Scratch Conf / 50-year Anniversary of Logo

Laura Vargas laura at somosazucar.org
Mon Jun 19 13:02:48 EDT 2017

In my opinion, during Samson's participation to the event, it would be a *great
achievement* if the Scratch Foundation could please consider to *release a
Libre version of ScratchJr *with any License compatible with Sugar Labs's
licenses[1] so that it can be upgraded and "libremente" distributed among
Sugar learners :D

Have a safe trip.

Regards and blessings from the Amazon forests,
Laura Victoria

[1] https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Trademark#Approved_licenses

> On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 07:20:16AM +0200, Tony Anderson wrote:
> > This thread still refers to Samson Goddy obtaining a visa to attend
> > a Scratch Conference in Bordeaux France. I still have no idea how
> > this thread got distracted to discussing details of software
> > licensing. The primary issue here is whether or not he can get a
> > visa and can attend the conference.
>
> Sorry you missed it, must have been dropped mail or something.
>
> See
> http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2017-June/054401.html
> for the pivot point of distraction into licensing.
>
> --
> James Cameron
> http://quozl.netrek.org/

Laura V.
* I&D SomosAZUCAR.Org*

“Solo la tecnología libre nos hará libres.”
~ Laura Victoria

Happy Learning!
#LearningByDoing
#Projects4good