[IAEP] [SLOBS] MOTION to budget professional services for a Yoruba-Igbo XO build WAS [Re: Yoruba localization contract completed

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 10:05:35 EDT 2017

On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 9:02 AM, David Ally <david_ally at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
> I  once requested for the handle on these Nigerian translations and was told
> it was not yet in the main build, so I guess this is the main obstacle in
> the way of learners accessing the contents, it is important if we can have
> those two translations all possible publicly available builds, so that
> people like us can make case for their use in many fora in Nigeria.
>
> I support any effort in this direction. +1
>
> Regards!
> David

Our current holdings in Nigerian localization can be found on our Pootle server.

Yoruba
https://translate.sugarlabs.org/yo/

Igbo
https://translate.sugarlabs.org/ibo/

The vast majority of these translations have been committed to their
respective Github repos,  to the extent that new versions of those
activities have been released since those commits, the translations
are now present in ASLO.

The core UI strings (sugar, sugar-toolkit-gtk3, OLPC_switch_laptop)
have also been committed, but to get them visible to users a new build
will be required.  That would either be a new SOAS build or possibly a
custom build as proposed by Laura.

cjl