[IAEP] MOTION to budget professional services for a Yoruba-Igbo XO build WAS [Re: Yoruba localization contract completed

Laura Vargas laura at somosazucar.org
Fri Jun 2 16:26:45 EDT 2017

Hi SLOBs,

Some time has passed and this wonderful translations haven't reach the
children yet!

The PO files exists, but there is an urgent need to create a build that
includes them so that Samson and Ibiam can get it distributed among their
young XO learners partners.

So, I propose the following Motion:

SL will allocate a budget of US$TBD for "professional services" required to
create a fitable image for Samson's and Ibiam's young XO partners in
Africa. SL will make an open call to the mailing list to find one or more
professional to do it.

Hope we can start using SL money to actually outreach Sugar learners!

Blessings and happy Friday!

Laura V

> Dear Sugar Labs,
>
> Per the Yoruba localization contract undertaken by Samson Goddy,
> Milestones 2 and 3 have been completed and all requested revisions
> have been made.
>
> http://translate.sugarlabs.org/yo/
>
> As Translation Community Manager (and in the oversight role defined in
> the contract), I am approving payment of Milestones 2 and 3.
>
> Adam Holt as Sugar Lab's contact with the SFC is requested to
> communicate Samson's invoicing to the SFC for payment.
>
> Milestone 2 PO files (Glucose) $1,350
>
> sugar
> sugar-toolkit-gtk3
> OLPC_switch_desktop
>

> Milestone 3 PO files (Fructose) $2,300
>
> Calculate
> Chat
> ImageViewer
> Jukebox
> Log
> Paint
> Pippy
> Portfolio
> Read
> ReadETexts
> Record
> Speak
> Terminal
> TurtleArt
> Web
> Write
>
> cjl

Laura V.
* I&D SomosAZUCAR.Org*

“Solo la tecnología libre nos hará libres.”
~ Laura Victoria

Happy Learning!
#LearningByDoing
#Projects4good