[IAEP] XSCE -> Internet-in-a-Box 6.2 and 6.3 road maps emerging: Thur Call 10:30AM EST

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Tue Jan 17 15:37:41 EST 2017

Please join us Thursday 10:30AM NYC Time to go through these proposed
roadmaps, as outlined (very!) roughly during our QE (Quality Engineering)
call this morning:

   http://tinyurl.com/xsceminutes

Please reflect on these 6.2 and 6.3 ideas prior to Thursday's call.  In
brief, XSCE 6.2 is focused on Raspbian especially, and will initially offer
only partial support for Debian, CentOS, until volunteers arise to hammer
on the OS's of their choosing and beef up this quality.

For XSCE 6.3, I would be especially interested in educators' thoughts on:

   - "Dynamic Menuing" of Content Packs (SEE 1. b. ii. within above link's
   Jan 17 Minutes)
   - "Analytics = Local Empowerment not Surveillance" (SEE 1. b. iii.
   within above link's Jan 17 Minutes)

On the infra side, take note our repo is being overhauled, and will soon be
going on a diet, as it changes from:

   http://github.com/xsce/xsce

Over to:

   http://github.com/iiab/iiab

All welcome during our Thursday community/deployment fieldback -> support
-> requirements calls!  Thanks for accommodating our 30min delay this week,
starting 1/2 hour later than the usual weekly call, for our Mexican
partners (Kids On Computers) especially!

Backchannel for chitchat / late comers wanting to join the call:

   https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#schoolserver

--
Unsung Heroes of OLPC, interviewed live @ http://unleashkids.org